Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Painting Furniture







So you found your old peice of solid wood furniture. Where do you start? You can stain it darker to richen it up a bit like this photo shows. The triangle shape at the top is the "before" finish.



Or you can paint your piece a wild crackle as this photo shows. Wouldn't this piece look great in your tropical or safari inspired room? Awesome.

How about painting your piece white and adding a nice glaze to accentuate the trim details? Nice!






Here are a couple photos of my favorite room in my home at the moment, my bedroom.



Now this is a room decorated on a seriously tight budget. The furniture is all glossy white, the dresser you see is solid oak, but it was so ugly I had to paint it. I got the piece for free! The bedside tables were on clearance at http://www.homedecoratorscollection.com/

The chandelier came from on online source that I have forgotten but it was only $100. My mother created this beautiful quilt for me, as well as the runner on the dresser. She is awesome!The walls I painted myself, which took a while as there are about 8 layers of paint, wallpaper, texture and glaze on the two side walls, but I love it!

Most of the accessories came from TJMax or my local Goodwill and St Vincent DePaul stores. I just cleaned them up and/or painted them!







I made the headboard out of MDF, which is a pretty cheap wood product you can buy at any lumber yard or big box store. I got mine at Home Depot, and they even cut it to my specifications right at the store!

No comments: